Once you have connected to Xero from Motorcentral DMS, you will need to tell Motorcentral how to map transactions to your COA, and configure other data mapping preferences:
- Go to Tools – Settings
- Go to the Accounting tab
- Trade-In Export Mode is used to control whether trade-in transactions are exported as a negative value line on the sale (On Sale Invoice) or as a separate purchase from the customer (On Purchase Invoice)
- Finance Fee Export Mode is used to control whether finance fees are exported as separate purchase and sale invoices (Export Income and Expense Lines) or combined as commission only (Export Commission Only as Income)
- Purchase Invoice Due is used to control the due date of purchase and sale invoices, you can use Sale Settlement Date and Expense Date (System Default) or 20th of the Following Month (20th of the Following Month)
- General ledge account codes is used to map the COA to Motorcentral transactions, click on Configure Account Codes to open the Account Codes screen
- For each type of Transaction, double click to open it and then set whether Motorcentral should export this type of transaction to Xero (Enabled) and set the appropriate Account Code in your COA by selecting the code from the dropdown list that is fetched from your Xero.
- Vehicle Reconditioning transactions can be mapped in more detail. The header Account Code is the default account code for any reconditioning transaction but each category of reconditioning can be assigned its own Account Code.
In the example above all reconditioning transactions will be using the account code 473 but compliance reconditioning transactions override that with the account code 441.