Background Check is an add-on service that allows you to easily highlight to buyers key criteria about a vehicle you are selling, helping them put their mind at ease about the history of that vehicle. Things like whether the vehicle is stolen, has money owing, was a damaged import or if it's been re-registered.
By analysing your most recent Car Check report on a vehicle, we can extract the key data from it and allow you the option to supply it to sites like Trade Me and your own website*, so it can be displayed to buyers in an easy to understand format.
Background Check as seen on a Trade Me vehicle listing (Aug 2019)
Adding a Background Check to a vehicle:
- Open the vehicle and navigate to the Export tab.
- Under the Background Check section you will see Data Status and Export Status.
- Data Status will advise you of appropriate data extracted from your Full Car Check or alert you to the fact that no Car Check has been completed for that vehicle (or it was too long ago). Note: you must request a Background Check within 60 days of your Full Car Check report date.
- Export Status will advise you if you have purchased a Background Check and whether it is currently being published to sites like Trade Me and your own website.
- Once the data status displaying some data, you can add a Background Check by simply clicking the Publish button. Next time you export your data to a partner website the Background Check data will also be included.