The PWA App
The PWA (Progressive Web App) version of the MC App is a web-compatible version of the app that can be accessed in any browser. Some functionality that is present in the native app is not present in the PWA (eg barcode scanner), but support for "native" features is increasing as browser technology improves.
Any web-compatible device can use the Motorcentral app by going to https://app.motorcentral.co.nz
- Go to https://app.motorcentral.co.nz
- The app will load in the browser window.
You may be prompted to “Add Motorcentral to Home screen”. If you see this prompt, tap the link to install the app.
- If you do not see this prompt, follow these instructions:
- Tap the vertical dots (top right of the screen)
- Choose “Add to Home Screen” or “Install app” from the menu
The app should show on your device with a slightly different icon to the native app (most probably a square icon within a white circle).
We recommend removing the native app at this point if you are wanting to replace it with the PWA.
Please note: presently the PWA doesn’t support Push Notifications or Barcode Scanner. If you require this feature, we recommend installing the native Android app – which is available for Android 12 onwards.