Motorcentral allows you to individually select vehicles you wish to auction on Internet Websites (Listing Agents) and will send any necessary information and images related to that vehicle to the nominated auction website for you. To export a vehicle as an auction you need to complete the following tasks:
- Ensure at least one “auction-enabled” Listing Agent Extension is turned on and correctly configured
- Select the vehicle to be exported as an auction and enter any necessary information
- Include the vehicle in your next Export to your nominated Auction Listing Agent
Adding an Auction Enabled Listing Agent Extension
- From the main menu select Tools > Extensions
- From the list of available Listing Agents identify one with Auction capabilities and select the “Settings…” button
- Ensure the Extension is ON and complete any necessary connection and listing details presented for that Listing Agent.
For instructions on connecting to specific Auction Enabled Listing Sites please use the links below:
- Trade Me
- Wheedle (coming soon)
- Verify the Listing Agent has been added correctly by viewing it in the Auction dropdown selection box on the Export Tab of any vehicle.
If your preferred Listing Agent is not displayed here it has either not been added correctly or your nominated Listing Agent does not allow automated adding of Auctions from Motorcentral.
Selecting a vehicle to be exported as an Auction
- Open the vehicle you wish to Auction and navigate to the Export tab
- Check the Export this vehicle as an auction checkbox
- Select the Listing Agent you'd like to export this vehicle as an auction to, and also the Start Price, Reserve Price and Buy Now Price (if applicable).
Note: you may only export a vehicle to one Listing Agent at a time.
- Save & Close the vehicle.
Completing an Export to your preferred Listing Agent
Exporting to Trade Me
Success fees are charged by Trade Me on auctions where the highest bid is equal to or above the reserve price or the item is purchased by Buy Now. For more information about Trade Me fees please visit the Trade Me website.
- Navigate to the Export section from the Navigation Menu
- Select Trade Me from the list of available Listing Agents
- Select the Admin tab and verify the vehicles you wish to export to Trade Me are listed in the Export Vehicles section. You will also need to verify each vehicle has a Trade Me category allocated to it.
- Select any Export options you wish to include when exporting your vehicles to Trade Me. Note: Selecting to Export Consumer Information Notice and Vehicle Summary Sheet will append these items as photos to your other vehicle photos. If the total number of photos exceeds 20 then these will replace your last vehicle photos.
- Click the Export Now button to initiate the Export process.
- Motorcentral will next verify that the vehicles you intend to export comply with any Trade Me listing requirements. If any vehicles fail to comply you will be presented with a warning dialog and how to correct these vehicles.
Note: Any vehicles not complying will not export. Although not absolutely necessary to complete an Export we advise correcting any vehicles before proceeding.
- Next you will be presented with the vehicles that need to be exported to Trade Me (Important Changes & Other Changes).
These will include vehicles to be listed as:
- IMPORTANT CHANGES: New Listings (Green), Vehicles to Re-list (Orange) and Vehicles to Withdraw (Red)
- OTHER CHANGES: Updates to listings
- If a vehicle is listed but you do not wish to update or export it to Trade Me then you can remove it by highlighting the vehicle in the list and clicking the Remove Listing button. You can Remove the Vehicle just for this export or permanently which will stop exporting any changes about this vehicle going forward.
Note: Removing a vehicle permanently does not remove it from Trade Me.
- Once you are satisfied the vehicle listings are correct click the Export to Trade Me button to export your vehicles.