Before getting started, you may wish to read the following article:
Xero Integration - What does this integration do?
Please contact Motorcentral to obtain a licence to the accounting export module.
Step 2. Connect to Xero from Motorcentral DMS
Once you have a licence for the accounting export module, you must then connect to Xero.
- Go to Tools – Extensions
- Go to the Accounting tab and click on the Xero API Settings button
- The Xero API settings screen will appear
- Set Status to On
- First you need to establish a connection between Motorcentral and your Xero account, start that process by clicking on Connect To Xero
- Motorcentral will inform you that you will be redirected to Xero to request account access. Click OK to proceed
- Motorcentral will redirect you to Xero. You may be asked to login. Once logged in, you will be presented with a screen requesting access to user account information. Click Allow Access.
- You will then be requested to grant access to an organisation. Click Connect.
Note: If you have more than one organisation in your account, you will need to choose one organisation to authorise from the dropdown list. If you wish to connect multiple dealerships, choose the first one from the list (you will be able to connect to other ones in a later step - see Xero Integration - Connecting dealerships to separate Xero organisations)
- You should now be redirected back to a Motorcentral DMS confirmation screen.
Close the browser window.
Step 3. Set Organisation in Motorcentral DMS
- Back in Motorcentral DMS, click the Fetch Organisation List button
- Select the organisation you want to connect Motorcentral from the Primary Organisation dropdown list. Click OK on the Xero settings screen in Motorcentral to commit your change.
You have now connected Motorcentral to your Xero account.