Before you can export, you will need to have completed the steps outlined in the following articles:
- Xero Integration - Connecting Motorcentral DMS to Xero
- Xero Integration - Configure Motorcentral accounting to map to your COA
To export to Xero:
- Go to Accounting – Run Export
- Select the date you want to export accounting transactions to, such as the end of the month.
Click on Find Transactions to invoke Motorcentral to search for all matching transactions. Motorcentral will find all transactions that have not yet been exported with fall up to and including the date you specify.
a. Reconditioning transactions will only be exported if they are set to Exact Amount, transactions which are set to Estimated Only will not be exported.
b. Sale transactions will only be exported if the Sale Status is set to Finalised.
c. Find Transactions will find all reconditioning transactions added which falls on any date prior to the date specified, regardless of accounting period.
d. This does not include changes to transactions already exported, those changes can be found under the Audit tab instead.
e. If you want to re-export any batches of transactions already exported in the past you can do so by ticking Redo a previous export, select the export you want then click on Find Transactions.
- Once Motorcentral finds the transactions that qualify for export, click Export All Transactions to create the Xero export files, these will be created in the Output Folder specified under the Extension Setting for Xero.
- The export operation creates the following records in Xero:
a. Contacts, can be found under Contacts > All Contacts
b. Draft Purchase Invoices, can be found under Business> Bills to pay
c. Draft Sale Invoices, can be found under Business > Invoices
- You can now review and process the invoices in Xero