Before completing these steps, please ensure you have obtained your email address, password, incoming mail server name (IMAP), and outgoing mail server name (SMTP) from our Support Team.
Step 1: Accounts > Set up an account > Email
Step 2: Enter the following details
- Your name (used for outgoing emails)
- Email address
Step 3: Thunderbird will start to look up the configuration > Click Manual config
Step 4: Enter/amend the following account details
- Incoming (IMAP) mail server: mail.hostedemail.com
- Outgoing (SMTP) mail server: mail.hostedemail.com
- Username (Incoming): Full email address
- Username (Outgoing): Full email address
- Incoming Port: 993
- Outgoing Port: 465
- SSL: SSL/TLS
Step 5: Thunderbird will now verify the account settings, if this is successful it will say ‘The following settings were found by probing the given server’
Your account will now be successfully added.
Note: If the account verification fails in Step 5, please double check the account settings you have entered in Step 4.